Sunday, December 14, 2008

Squash Casserole

2 pounds yellow Squash sliced
1 can condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
(If I were making this for me and only me (sadly I do have to share), I'd use cream of mushroom soup, you can use, either of those or the cream of celery soup, or the cheddar cheese soup)
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (I put a whole roll of these in a bowl and crush with a drinking glass)

(Ritz is one thing I do buy the name brand for the recipe because to me the generic replacement for this cracker tastes like crispy fried grease)

Preheat oven to 350

Bring the squash to a boil and continue boiling about 15 minutes. Drain. Return the squash to the empty pot and mash. Stir in the soup, the eggs and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir well. Spread in the casserole dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 cup of cheese than top with cracker crumbs. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Smack all hands that are reaching for the dish before you get your portion.

Options:

Add 1 cup chopped Onion
Add 1/2 cup chopped Pecans

No comments: